Advisory for Protection of Senior Citizens Aged Above 60 Years
Senior citizens and, in particular, those with medical conditions, are particularly susceptible to infection during the COVID period. MSJE along with the ministry of health and family welfare and department of geriatric medicine, AIIMS Delhi has prepared an Advisory to be followed by all the senior citizens and their caregivers during these times.
This advisory is widely publicized in all the districts, in all institutions working for senior citizens and through NGO’s who are working in this area.
Advisory for Senior Citizens during COVID-19
Based on the Census 2011 age-cohort data, it is projected that there would be approximately 16 Crore Senior citizens (aged above 60 yrs) in the Country.
Sr Citizens between age group 60-69 yrs 8.8cr
Sr Citizens between age group 70-79 yrs 6.4cr
Assisted elders (above 80 years or people who require medical assistance) 2.8cr
Indigent elders (destitute who are homeless or deserted by the families) 0.18cr
During times of COVID, senior citizens over 60 years of age are at greater risk. This is an advisory to senior citizens and their caregivers on how to protect them from increased health risks during this period.
This advisory is applicable for all those with following medical conditions
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis, post tuberculous sequelae, interstitial lung disease.
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease, such as alcoholic, and viral hepatitis
- Chronic neurologic conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, stroke
- Diabetes Hypertension
Advisory for Senior Citizens Who Are Mobile:
- Stay within the house all the time.
- Avoid having visitors at home.
- If a meeting is essential, maintain a distance of 1 meter.
- If living alone, one can consider depending on healthy neighbors for acquiring essentials for home.
- Avoid small and large gatherings at all costs.
- Remain actively mobile within the house.
- Consider doing light exercise and yoga at home.
- Maintain hygiene by washing hands. Especially before having meals and after using the washroom. This can be done by washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean frequently touched objects such as spectacles.
- Sneeze and cough into tissue paper/handkerchief. After coughing or sneezing dispose of the tissue paper in a closed bin/wash your handkerchief and hands.
- Ensure proper nutrition through home-cooked fresh hot meals, hydrate frequently, and take fresh juices to boost immunity.
- Take your daily prescribed medicines regularly.
- Monitor your health. If you develop fever, cough, and/or breathing difficulty or any other health issue, immediately contact the nearest health care facility and follow the medical advice.
- Talk to your family members (not staying with you), relatives, friends via call or video conferencing, take help from family members if needed.
- Come in close contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus disease (fever/cough/breathing difficulty).
- Shake hands or hug your friends and near ones.
- Go to crowded places like parks, markets, and religious places.
- Cough or sneeze into your bare hands.
- Touch your eyes, face, and nose.
- Go to the hospital for a routine checkup or follow up. As far as possible make teleconsultation with your healthcare provider.
- Invite family members and friends at home.
Are you searching for the BEST apartment management system for your Apartment Complex?
Neighbium is a Cloud-Based Secured Platform to manage every aspect of your Society operations!
Request for Demo today and our executive will get in touch with you in 24 hours.